Friday, August 3, 2012

Elevation C - More Pictures

Elevation C - The White House
As some of you may know, I have been in recovery!!  Recovery from not being able to build Elevation E which I was told we would be able to build a couple of months ago!  To say the least, I was filled with disappointment because the ROME model is the perfect model for my family and this elevation provided the most charm.  I was told empathetically NO--we could not get this elevation because there is no permit in our county or community to build it and it will not be presented to the board for another 6-9 months unless we chose to wait another 6 months, lose our lot, lose our incentives and start the loan process ALL over again, which I was unwilling to do because we have been waiting to break ground since February!!  Another 6 months would have been absolute torture and emotional abuse.  In the meantime, I put in a special request to see if they can incorporate the front porch on Elevation C; however, it will take nearly 2-4 weeks for the Review Board to determine if they can make this change.  According to my SR, they seem to like the idea of the front porch and want to make it available to future home builders.  This works out for us because the target date for us to break ground is within the same timeframe.  We are still waiting on the official date which I will post once it is confirmed!! One of our fellow bloggers (Danielle) asked me to post pictures of Elevation C.  Here are a few pictures from some of our fellow bloggers Elevation C.  As we continue to WAIT, please continue to keep us lifted that they approve Elevation C with the Front Porch.  For now, enjoy the pictures:

Elevation C - The Purple House

Elevation C - The Brick & Stone House

Elevation C - w/The Front Porch House (Under Construction)

Elevation D - w/The Front Porch (Cottage Style)

For KevinC & Rachel/Tommy - This is Elevation M w/Front Porch (Cottage Style)
 It is totally different from the Elevation E we THOUGHT we were getting!  It has shake siding on the entire front with the brick, the garage door has windows, the corners are crimped which I have never seen before and the front porch window has trimming.
We thought we were getting Elevation E  (you can see a picture of Elevation E) shown on my previous post called "Our Exterior" 
Elevation C - Cottage Style (Rome Model Located in Bristow, Virginia)



24 comments:

  1. So elevation C does come with the porch in other communities? I like having the porch rather than just steps and landing ( like we will have) sigh. Hope it works out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this works out for you-everytime I think "how come this hasn't happened in our house yet?!", I need to keep in mind how long the build process takes in other parts of the country. You two have proved to be fighters along the way. :) I, too, like the porch more than without, so prayers that gets approved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! The front porch on elevation C will definitely add the charm I would like for the house to have since the elevations on the Rome tend to be simple in form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you!! It seems like my fingers have always been crossed! It's been a journey and the digging hasn't even begun!! How are you doing in your new home?

      Delete
  5. I can see why you fell in love with Elevation E. Hoping you can get Elevation C with the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous! I love the two peaks at the top of the house that the other elevations do not offer, I love the big pane window that the other elevations do not offer, I love the shake siding that the other elevations do not offer and I love the two louvers that the other elevations do not offer and I love love love the front porch that the other elevations do not offer. I pray that they approve the request because I was trying to negotiate since day one for a porch by extending the concrete near the front door.

      Delete
  6. I hope everything works out for you. I never thought I wanted a porch until recently when I realized that it would be nice to sit out front at our new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! During our initial search for a home I kept running into homes with front porches and thought they we're so charming and allows you to catch views from the front of your house. We used to sit on our stoop growing up so this will be the Upgrade! Lol smiley face!

      Delete
  7. Nadase, thanks for the picture. I have not forgotten about the spreadsheet…I'm tweaking it, so then I will email it over. I really like elevation C…the brick and the stone. I see your point about the porch, but I think the curb appeal on C is really nice! The journey continues….either way, you guys are on to your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle and the continued encouragement! I have no idea where I found the elevation C with the brick and stone but it is gorgeous! They will not allow for that combination in our community. We have a neighbor who built a Victoria Falls with the brick and stone combo and she had to get a permit from the county to do it. I am too excited to get the spreadsheet!! Whoo hoo!!

      Delete
  8. Good luck with getting the front porch approved! I think it is so crazy how different things are from community to community.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right M! It's different from community to community, county to county, state to state and even certain models are not approved for certain communities even though RH builds the home. They want certain communities to only have certain available models to choose from to maintain the vision of that community. I just felt bamboozled when I thought I was getting a elevation I loved and was told nearly two months later it wasn't an option. So I am definitely hopeful the front porch will be approved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so annoyed on your behalf! I hope they work extra hard to get that C w/porch for you since it was their mistake. They want those 10s, after all! I think the cottage style is actually Elevation "N" though...I remember the cottage styles being on completely different sheets than the regulars, and N is the same overall layout as the E according to the blueprints that I have illicit copies of. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey...I recognize the white house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The attached picture for "Elevation E" is actually more like "Elevation N", at least according to the elevations available in the Richmond, VA area. Our sales rep indicated originally that N wasn't available, but when we came back he had provided the option indicating that pricing for it was now available in their system. E is similar in that it has a porch, but it does not have the pony wall, does not have a hip roof, no tin roof, and no double-gable ornaments (those triangular things), shake on only the center reverse-gable, oh and the door on N is a nicer door. E is more colonial in appearance, whereas N is more craftsman. We chose N, and are quite excited to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isz,

      Thank you for the following information and for reaching out. It is nice to see another Rome blogger! I would love to see what Elevation N looks like!

      Please feel free to join our site, just click the button and I would love to follow you as well!

      Delete
    2. Are you blogging? Where can I follow your journey? And to also see what picture of N looks like. thanks agan

      Delete
    3. There's a picture of the N on my "Elevations of the Rome" tab, Nadase. Don't know where it's from, found it in a Google search.

      Delete
    4. I don't really blog, more of a taker than a giver ;) I definitely appreciate though everyone who has posted their experience! Once it's built I would be happy to share pictures (Feb/Mar 13). In the mean time, I built a model using Chief Architect X2 so I could pick out as much detail I felt I was often overlooking in the selection process. If a do get a blog up, I'll be sure to show pics of the renders I created.

      Delete
  13. I hope you change your mind about blogging! You have so much to offer!! What is a chief architect x2??? I would love to see ictures!! Plus watch the journey ! And would love for you to join my site. I learned a lot from your post. Happy Building!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, I created one of these blogs. I posted the renders for all here: http://anotherrome.blogspot.com/2012/09/chief-architect-renders.html Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi all, we are also having a Rome built in Carrollton, VA and ended up going with Elevation C; however, would really like to add a porch. How much extra did the porch on elevation C end up being?

    ReplyDelete