I posted here and there on other blog posts that there was a possibility we would break ground on Monday, September 17, contingent on the front porch approval being returned within the timeframe they allotted. However, it took them six weeks to get approval when they told us initially it would only take two-four weeks for the DSP Review Board to finalize the approval. We are extremely excited that the front porch has been approved and very excited this special request will open doors for future home owners who choose to build Elevation C with or without a front porch. We submitted our final change order for the front porch which is another delay for us to break ground. Honestly, we have waited nearly a year and another two weeks is not going to make a difference because we will be building our dream home with a front porch. The folks on Lot#14 who were also promised to build Elevation E nearly rescinded their contract once they were told they could not build Elevation E. However, they changed their minds and decided to move forward with Elevation C. Smart choice. It's amazing how things happen. They submitted their documentation to the county for their permit to build Elevation E and it was denied!! This is how we found out we could not build Elevation E. They are scheduled to break ground on Monday, September 17, which means we were PUSHED BACK. They were one step ahead of us, but it is our special request that kept them in the community to build Elevation C with the front porch and their submittal of a permit that allowed us to find out sooner rather than later that we could not build Elevation E. Imagine that. If we had not found out when we did, we may have had to wait even longer. We are praying to hear from our PM next Thursday that our Lot #28 will be the next home to build. For those of you who do not know, every Thursday, RH has a meeting to determine whose Lot will break ground and again, this is contingent on all documentation completed and time to receive a permit to build on the NOW purchased lot. For us this could mean having a pre-construction meeting the week of September 24 and breaking ground on Monday, October 1. Should this be the case, we probably will not have a Xmas delivery date; but instead a delivery date of January 2013 to start a New Beginning, in a New Year, in a New Home. Fingers crossed and prayers lifted that we break ground before or by Monday, October 1.
Side note: Come February 22, 2013, I will be celebrating my birthday and I told my husband since we have been dedicated to building our new home, I will forgo the Big 50th Birthday Bash with the Ballroom Theme and prefer to travel to ROME, Italy and visit these wonderful cities our homes are named after. It would be a dual trip because our 13th Anniversary is a week later on February 28, 2013. I have already begun researching and too excited. We could definitely use the respite after this long long long journey to build our new home and besides we deserve it because we did not celebrate my birthday or our anniversary this year with our annual trip out of the country to focus on building our dream home.