Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Bad, Bad, Bad News!!
Yesterday was a horrible day! We had a five o'clock appointment with our SR to finalize our selections/upgrades/customizations so that we can finally get a firm date on the schedule to break ground. As soon as I arrived to the office, she broke the bad news. First, paperwork we needed from CTI had not been returned. Second, the Elevation E that I have had posted for over a week now has been withdrawn as an option for us to build!! I was devastated!!! This means, we have been pushed further out on the schedule to break ground and the elevation I fell in love with for our "forever home" is no longer an option. I felt like somebody just punched me in my stomach!!! My SR had written up a contract for another homeowner on Lot #14 who were waiting for the permit to return to start building the same elevation. She was informed yesterday that the county would not approve the permit for Lot #14 because the permit had not been approved for Elevation E in our community even though it was on her selection list. She also informed me that it would take nearly 6-9 months before it even hits the county's desk for permit approval. She told me she spent many hours back and forth on the phone with the county trying to resolve this conflict but the county would not budge. These are the options she offered us: purchase the elevation at another community (actually another state because other county's in Maryland are still waiting to be approved, wait until the permit is approved which means starting the loan approval process over or choose another elevation. When we first submitted our purchase agreement, we were building Elevation C so it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we would continue to build Elevation C as our paperwork still suggests. However, after being on these blogs and discovering Elevation E, I fell in love with it and was elated that we could build it. So I am in recovery!!!! In the meantime, we go back to the drawing board on Thursday when she returns to work to finalize our paperwork at which time I hope to hear some good news that we can proceed with building Elevation E which would be a MIRACLE or we will proceed with building Elevation C with a front porch and the shake siding. Fingers crossed!!