Monday, January 7, 2013

Thank You & Electrical Wiring Tip!!

I want to thank ALL of you for being my BLOG FRIENDS!!!  

Your feedback, your comments, your suggestions, the research you shared so openly, your encouragement, your willingness to be honest and your desire to share your building journey has been a tremendous gift to me.  I can't thank you enough and I am so grateful to have had a forum to share our year long journey of building and purchasing a new home with you. You read my blog, listened to my concerns; however, it was twofold.  We learned from each other.  There are things in my home that I would not have ever considered without your support.  For instance, wrapping our water heater in a water blanket to reduce our utility bills (Thanks to Thomas at Ravenna Speed).  This will allow us to enjoy the ceiling to floor fireplace and not worry about high utility bills.  Who wants to spend all that money on a fireplace that they never turn on.  Many people include this upgrade in their homes but are unable to enjoy it because they concerned about the bill being too expensive.  Well, thanks to this tip, we will enjoy our fireplace and an abundance of other things in our new home.  We are also considering solar panels for our new home too (Thanks to Erica for this tip).   My all time favorite upgrade in our new home is our double ovens (Thanks to Maria at Home Sweet Rome).  She was so kind and generous without knowing who I was and because of her generosity the structural items I wanted in my kitchen are complete to my satisfaction.  I can't leave out our PM, Greg who also helped my dream kitchen become a reality.  Thank you, Greg! There are so many things that I can talk about but I would be here for days if I listed them all.  I also want to give a special shout to those who contacted me via email:  DWtimes2, Maria (Saving Queen), Maria (Home Sweet Rome), Emrose, Isz Wisz, , Danielle, Amanda, Heather, Mike, Crystal, Sherita, James, Melissa, Catherine, Julia, and our new neighbors--(Sheldon, Alejandro and Sharon).     

As you know, I have agonized over my back splash for weeks and I appreciate all of you so much for your honest feedback and suggestions.  This was a tremendous help in making my final decision.

Lastly, we may not know each other personally;  but there is a connection that we will forever share that will remain precious in my heart which is building our dream homes and the opportunity share our highs and lows in the process.  

We have our walkthrough tomorrow at 10:00 am and we are thrilled to see the house.  It's been several days since I last walked in and I can't wait.

In the meantime, we are still supplying documentation for our final approval to the underwriters and waiting for the CALL or EMAIL that says, "we are clear to close on Friday, January 11, 2013.  As we wait, I will continue to pack, plan, prepare to move into our new dream home.  Fingers Crossed!!  YAY!!


***For those of you who can, consider installing an 110V outlet inside your master bathroom cabinet to keep those unslightly wires out of the way from the hair dryers, razors etc***


19 comments:

  1. Yay!! It's about time, right? Good luck with your walk-through. I hope you don't find many issues that need to be corrected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, M! I am hoping not to find many issues too! However, I know there will be some things and I hope they are less than I expect. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sorry we did not get to finish what we started today. Boy do the days get ahead of you huh? Saw my shower, check out the blog......LOVE IT, tomorrow is Granite...oh boy!!

    Good luck tomorrow, try NOT to "think" to much, if you find small stuff it will get fixed, your back splash will get resolved, not in the time frame you would like but it will be fixed!

    Try to stay in the excitment part of the day, (I am trying to take my own advice).

    Let's focus on the positive part to this building process...yup you are going to find things wrong tomorrow, it's the reason for the meeting!

    Let us know how it goes :)

    I'll be thinking of you.

    And back at ya fellow blogger.....THANK YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DW, I am looking foward to a day filled with fun and excitement and to not take myself too seriously today to enjoy this experience that I have waited a year for!!! It was great chatting with you!!

      Delete
  3. Very cool! I'm set for a walk-through Feb 5th, and settlement Feb 27th. Still much to do, but I'm getting a solid home as a result of this little online community. Nadase, you've been a "mamacita", carrying the torch! Hopefully others will take it up and evolve the Rome to new possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isz Wisz, you are too kind! Thank you for the compliment!

      I am so happy you decided to become a blogger because you offerings were so enlightening and continue to BE!

      Delete
  4. YAY! You have finally reached the end. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLLA!!

      Thank you Cami!! Thank you for being excited for US!! Too tickled!!

      I look forward to seeing your decorated home and watching your build come to completion.

      Delete
  5. Woo-hoo…walk thru tomorrow. I can't wait to read all about it. By the way, friendship is a two way street and you're always so good in commenting and reading on everyone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, Danielle it's been a long time and I can't wait to post them. whoo hoo!!

      Thank you for your friendship and I am so excited about your new addition. :-)

      Delete
  6. I am so excited for you...enjoy! :) Can't wait to see some pics of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting pictures today....YAY!! Such excitement!!

      Delete
  7. Please don't disappear! I want to see you decorate the beautiful home you've built. You have such great style, I'm excited to see what you do. Ps. I finally made apost today. New Romers continuing the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, thank you for becoming a blogger to share and to learn. I try to locate your blog and could not find it. Please add the url for us to join your journey. I plan to stay connected to this community. Welcome to Blogging!!

      Delete
    2. I took your advice so it is www.rockinandarome-in.blogspot.com.

      Delete
  8. I could not be more excited and happy for you! We feel like we know you! Definitely do not disappear! Keep us posted as we want you to continue to be involved in our building adventure! I cannot wait to hear how everything goes and to see final pictures! Best of luck this week (and in the future!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that Elise!! Thank you for the acknowledgement. I plan to stay on the blog to chronicle the after build and I hope you do too. I know that a whirlwind happens after moving but I plan to stay connected because I felt the absence of other bloggers and wished they were still posting.

      Delete
  9. Wow time do really fly. we am happy for you and wish you luck tomorrow, Like Erin said please don't disappear! My wife and I do like reading your posts and comments. we're looking forward for the pictures and happy news for you tommorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Kelvin, I certainly will do that and thank you for the acknowledgment. This blog has been my saving grace over the year. Now that we are closing it feels absolutely amazing. Once the build started everything took off!!! I will be posting my pictures today, TOO EXCITED!! Thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete